Tuesday, May 14, 2013

When someone is in crisis - "I am alone"


Had a client today who was really in crisis.  Loss was weighing this person down - and over and over the client sobbed, "I am so alone".

I was thinking about this.  Often I hear clients and friends and acquaintances say the exact same thing:  "I am alone".

The truth is we are not alone.

The truth is that despair blinds our eyes to the people who are there and who do care about us.

The people may not be there the way we want them to be there.  The people we want to be there may not be the ones who are.

BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE!

There are people who have suffered and there are those who have not.  There are people who understand and there are those who have no clue, but who are willing to be a support anyway.  If we do not have family, there are friends.  If we do not have friends we can name, there are strangers who STILL CARE - even though they do not know us.

And, if you are in a place where you can be that stranger, that friend, that family member, when someone shares their pain, please feel comfortable enough to say, "How can I support and help you?  I don't know if I understand just what you are going through, but I am here for you however you need me to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment