Friday, May 3, 2013

BBQ Sauce re: Carol Fenster, customized for my tastes


BBQ Sauce re: Carol Fenster, customized for my tastes - From May 2012

by Laura A Collins (Notes) on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 12:42pm
Barbecue Sauce from Carol Fenster's Special Diet Solutions Some changes by me to fit my personal tastes In a crockpot (I double the batch and freeze it in ice cubes for individual servings) - Combine ...
1 cup gluten-free ketchup (I use tomato sauce, garlic powder, honey, and ACV) 1/2 cup molasses (I use safe sorghum) 2 tablespoons dried minced onion (I use 1 tablespoon onion powder) 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey (I use honey) 1 tablespoon mustard seed (I turn mine to powder before adding it) 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I use 1/2 teaspoon powder) 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (I turn this to powder before adding it) 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (I omit this) 2 teaspoons paprika (I use Hungarian paprika and do 1 tablespoon) 1 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon salt (I omit this) 1 bay leaf (I omit this - am allergic to bay leaves) 1 garlic clove, Minced (I use about 1 tablespoon as I really like garlic) 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (I use fresh lemon juice and a bit of honey - may be reactive to oranges) 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or Ener-G yeast-free/gluten free vinegar reconstituted (do not know if Ener-G stuff is corn-free... I use ACV) Stick in crock pot, turn on low, cook overnight. Makes about 2 cups. I always double it and often make 4x the recipe amount. My friends and family love this. Carol Fenster has several cookbooks for allergen-free cooking and they are fairly customizable recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment