Friday, May 3, 2013

IgE mediated Reactions - From April 2012


IgE mediated Reactions - From April 2012

by Laura A Collins (Notes) on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 8:02pm
Yep.  I do not test positive for gluten sensitivity, corn allergy, or wheat allergy - however, if I put cornstarch or flour on my skin, I get hives.  If I eat wheat in any medium to large quantity, I have an anaphylactic reaction.  If I eat corn in any amount, I get migraines, swollen joints, itchy ears, and chronic health problems FLARE in a massive way (but no hives and no anaphylactic reaction,... which is why I consider myself corn-light).  

According to my allergist, the tests are for the most common proteins to which people react.  There are, however, many more proteins in the substance.  It is very possible to have an IgE mediated allergy (a "real" allergy instead of a "food sensitivity") to any or several or all of those OTHER proteins.

No comments:

Post a Comment