Friday, May 3, 2013

POEMS FROM 1990 - I was 17 - sophmore/junior in high school


POEMS FROM 1990 - I was 17 - sophmore/junior in high school

by Laura A Collins (Notes) on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 8:32pm
Silver Eyes 16Jan90
Silver, mocking eyes, sadly downcast.
Ice blue chill of fear.
Looking up, shadow dominated -
Oh God! Why am I here?

Soldiers fight. Who knows where.
Disease - rampant at home.
Society fragmented, isolated, shattered;
and me? I'm just alone.

Black night smothers the ridden world.
Stars all run and hide.
Evil worm in society's heart -
One tear before I die.

Yellow sun, now blown out.
Green plants grow no more.
Sea gone grey - smells of death.
Bodies roll onto the shore.


TWO 16Feb90
Two endless screams,
Echoing in my mind,
Belonging to my soul,
Leaving sanity behind.

Face from a mirror,
Only shell is left,
locked inside a prison,
Made up of my flesh.

Desperation cries,
Spirits answer its call,
Water from dry eyes,
Tortured tears fall.

Madness moves closer,
Darkness slips within,
Heart is growing still,
Shade of what I've been.

Chaos has now come,
Death begins to toll,
One final tear falls,
Coldness stills my soul.


Alien 19Apr90
His heart burned in such a way that
no human mortal can ever understand,
for he was alien -
come from the vast fullness of space,
into the isolated emptiness of this world.
His eyes teared and burned
with the newness of pain -
a thing he never before felt.
His soul filled with despair
in this land of empty death;
and humans - in their folly,
made him into a god.


Music 22Apr90
The melody of life's memory
runs to the slow song of time.
My mind is only a whisper now -
it is the theme of the past.

The lonely tunes of yesterday
turn solemnly on their tracks;
as life goes on within the beat
a fermata holds the last.

A final strain lingers softly.
Time's band puts aside its tools.
The music has forever died,
Silence fills the room.


Life 07May90
Mortal men
in agony scream.
Life goes on.
God save the King.

Chaos reigns.
The spirits rise.
Blood filled seas
in ice blue eyes.

Hell's demons
echo our cries,
procuring souls -
the living Lies.

No good dreams.
Nightmares alone.
All beating hearts
are made of stone.


Sameness 25May90
none of us are crazy
as we are all the same
quiet live of normality
normal from insane

we are normal people
running 'round in screams
only thinking used
have carbon dreams

for years we go to school
each learning of the old
with useless knowledge valued
pyrite is thought gold


Love 19Jun90
Our noises don't disturb you,
Isolated as you are -
Independent, wild virtue,
Something lost is never far.

There you are in the darkness,
Your ears up with cruel intent.
One step in front of madness -
Walk softly, taste their scent.

Creeping down the brick path,
In search of future game -
Calling softly out to them,
And stiffening - smell their name.

See them there, all a-tremble.
Each frightened for his life.
Crouch down and now resemble
The Guide of the Reaper's Scythe.


Children 22Jun90
Children of the tempest storm,
always hungry, never warm;
staring eyes are seeing not;
pain torn, rescue sought.

Locked outside the house at night.
Frozen - dead - by mourning light.
Overlooked, with none to care,
light the match, these children spare.


The Wind 07Jul90
The wind whispers,
through the trees,
silver scarlet ribbons
unstirred by the breeze.

The Druids enchant
creatures of the wild;
flesh and blood forfeit -
sacrificed child.


Teacher 18Oct90
Teach me, teacher
of life and hope
then take away my pain

Tell me that God
truly cares and
my life is not in vain

Show me of love
and miracles
the things that help me live

Leave me alone
to find the truth
and then that truth to give

Walk beside me
along the path
and help me not to stray

Listen to me
when I speak and
remember what I say

Be there for me
when I need you
someone I can believe

But never let
young belief turn
to devastating need


Young Soldier 23Nov90
Young soldier marching proudly forth,
head held high
straight
noble
gallant.
Now returning,
old
battered -weary
grieving
bullet-torn.
Old eyes in an ageless
scarred face.
Haunted by Specter,
Comrade Death.
A nightmare insomniac,
lost cause survivor.
Living dreams keep your dead.
We pin medals,
upon your chest -
Stars in payment
of your lost soul.
Society-twisted hero
soulless soldier
a machine
for killing
for dying.
What have we done to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment