Saturday, June 8, 2013

Are you going to get a shower today?

Family - are you going to take a shower today and get dressed?

Me - Don't know yet.  If snoozing all day and only getting up to snack helps kick this migraine, then prob not.  So, going to depend on what I feel like doing.

Family - that works.

Today's reality:
The migraine is better, but still lurking...  I have no intention of doing ANYTHING that causes it to come back.  My chest feels like an elephant is sitting on it - asthma is flared up.  I have a couple swollen joints fingers - for some reason tapping on a kindle is bad for me - and I forgot to use the stylus pen... so I am paying for that.  So, I hurt and that hurt is because I have pushed more than my body likes.  It is also likely I have eaten something to which I am reacting some - slow build, cummulative reaction... Unfortunately, I am suspecting chocolate.  :(


Moral of the story:
Sometimes it is enough just to follow the needs of your body.  I have a paper to write this weekend and a quarter to finish up.  I worked the whole week through a hell of a migraine and I made it through.  Today I slept until 11:00, got up, ate breakfast, and went back to sleep.  I woke back up at 2:00, ate lunch, and have been puttering around.


I am blessed because most of the time my family is willing to let me go at my own pace, to tend to my health needs, and to abstain from casting guilt.  More often than my family causing me problems is that I cause my own.  It is hard to abandon "should, could, and must".  However, as I find myself leaving those behind, I find myself moving into calm and healthier life.  I am finding wellness.

My hope for each of you today is that what you do is "enough" and that calmness and wellness surround you, hold you, and sustain you.

No comments:

Post a Comment