Monday, April 29, 2013

Serendipity


Sometimes things happen in your life (or at least they do in my life) that have no meaning at the time.  In fact, they are hassles - taking energy and providing nothing of value.  

Or so it seems.

Then, some time in the future - perhaps even years away from those "hassles" - the skills learned, the resiliency developed, the knowledge you wanted in the first place - those things become a source of comfort, strength, or wisdom.  Often, those things become the tools with which you find the ability to help others.
Today, I have considered all the ways, big and small, events and experiences from my past have resonated through my life to provide resources I never knew I had.  Today, I considered how trauma in my past provided wisdom to help another.  Today, I heart-felt the difference between "being broken" and "being tempered".

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment