Sunday, August 11, 2013

Question was asked on one of the support groups to which I belong: What motivates you to keep on with your goals?

  • MY response:

    Laura A Collins Sheer unadulterated stubbornness. I will be damned if I do not live my life... "They" (people who have done damage to me and mine) and "it" (fibro) WILL NOT WIN.

  • Laura A Collins The second part of that is determination to believe (most days - cause I do have sulking and pity party days too!) that I will do what I can and IT WILL BE ENOUGH!


  • Laura A Collins I had a professor once in college who carried a pack of index cards in his pocket. He would write things down on the cards and then use those as reminders. When I asked about it, he told me he only had so much room in his brain - so only the most important things went into his memory. All non-important things went onto the index cards. Therefore, he was certain that if he did not remember something it WAS NOT important.

    For my life, I try to use the same philosophy. I do the important things - come Hell or high water. If it does not get done, then obviously it is NOT important.

No comments:

Post a Comment